About Me

My photo
College Student. Sometimes dancer. Aspiring fashion journalist and everyday style enthusiast. I started my blog back in 2010 on a whim, and now it has grown into the visual representation of the power that I believe fashion can have. It's not about having clothes it's about what you do with them, what you wear says who you are. Fashion is transformative, and a chic bag or outfit puts a smile on my face as much as a good book on a rainy day. My blog is about dressing the undergrad and young professional, because so little markets cater to our style. You've officially been accepted into The Undergrad Style File. For collaborations and other inquiries email me at tiffanycurtis8@gmail.com My style in three words... chic.eclectic.classic

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Just A Little Charleston







The age of excess or the jazz age, however you refer to the 1920s, it was a time of bootleg liquor, gangsters and crooks, and wild girls who dared to have hemlines above the knee. Flappers were distinct for their bobbed hair, heavy makeup, wild dancing, and devil-may-care attitude. 

As an homage to the daring personas, I dressed as a flapper for a costume party, and the look was the bee's knees (insert 1920s slang here). It featured a black fringe dress for maximum movement as I did the Charleston of course. I had long black gloves, my quintessential strand of pearls, and a feather in my hair. The look was finished off my patterned fishnet tights, patent leather pumps, and my cigarette holder, it was fabulous darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment