About Me

My photo
College Student. Sometimes dancer. Aspiring fashion journalist and everyday style enthusiast. I started my blog back in 2010 on a whim, and now it has grown into the visual representation of the power that I believe fashion can have. It's not about having clothes it's about what you do with them, what you wear says who you are. Fashion is transformative, and a chic bag or outfit puts a smile on my face as much as a good book on a rainy day. My blog is about dressing the undergrad and young professional, because so little markets cater to our style. You've officially been accepted into The Undergrad Style File. For collaborations and other inquiries email me at tiffanycurtis8@gmail.com My style in three words... chic.eclectic.classic

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Feeling A Little Grunge-y

 Hey undergrads and the stylish at heart. Today's look was my outfit for a dinner date with my mom. I chose this red and black plaid ( or tartan, if you're feeling fancy),fleece lined vest. In light of the 90s revival in fashion and pieces inspired by the grunge area, I had to snatch up this vest when I saw it at Burlington Coat Factory for $16.99. Take it in for a moment... As a self-admitted vintage/eclectic/preppy/girly/casual chic/ posh style lover I do have a slight fascination with the grunge era. For those of you who are unfamiliar the grunge era, this period of fashion during the 1990s, was the brainchild of those who followed the grunge style of music, think Nirvana. It was a style of necessity and stylish "carelessness"; it was all Doc Martens, and plaid flannels. The look screamed "I don't care about fashion" which of course made it a haphazard fashion trend.

Underneath, I'm wearing a black, pleated chiffon blouse, that is at least two sizes too big, so I cinched it with a big black and silver waist belt. I paired it with dark rinse skinnies and my favorite cognac colored ankle booties. I felt like the look screamed fall. How do you feel about grunge? Mad for plaid? Tell me all about it in the comments section.

Shirt (Banana Republic, thrifted)




Anke Booties (Old Navy), Purse (Ross)
Watch (Thrifted), Bracelet (Ross), Nails ( Essie : Poor Li'l Rich Girl)

 
 

 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








4 comments:

  1. I really like how you're mixing it up & playing with other styles! I'm excited to see what's next :) Also, thanks for dropping some "fashion history" on us, that was so cool! I would really like to see a post on cultural trends/music and how it has inspired fashion through the ages or something! Anyway, chic as always :) wish I could have seen the top underneath. Oh and love the nail color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley. I'll put that post idea on my list, perhaps I'll start from the jazz age and work my way up. And you'll see the top again, promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that vest looks so cozy and the tartan (feeling fancy) is perfectly on trend! so chic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks simplychic, I love tartan, it never goes out of style. Don't forget to become a follower to see all my fashion picks and style ramblings :)

      Delete