About Me

My photo
College Student. Sometimes dancer. Aspiring fashion journalist and everyday style enthusiast. I started my blog back in 2010 on a whim, and now it has grown into the visual representation of the power that I believe fashion can have. It's not about having clothes it's about what you do with them, what you wear says who you are. Fashion is transformative, and a chic bag or outfit puts a smile on my face as much as a good book on a rainy day. My blog is about dressing the undergrad and young professional, because so little markets cater to our style. You've officially been accepted into The Undergrad Style File. For collaborations and other inquiries email me at tiffanycurtis8@gmail.com My style in three words... chic.eclectic.classic

Monday, June 10, 2013

Blog Reboot

Hey fellow undergrads and those who are still young at heart, you may or may not have noticed my recent absence from the blogosphere. Just like the bright-red skinny jeans I just had to have, there's a good reason for my absence. I'm currently working on rebooting the site, formerly xoxoFierce&Luxe, I have changed the site name to The Undergrad Style File. In observing the plethora of other fashion blogs out there, I noticed something, many of the prominent fashion bloggers are either in their teens or working women in their thirties. There has yet to be a site that features budget finds and real-life stlying geared specifically to undergrads and young professionals. Which is the perfect lead in to my personal fashion philosophy. I believe that fashion is an artistic expression, what you wear is who you are, but just like art it changes with the mood constantly. Fashion is about chic accessibility, big-name labels and stilettos mean nothing if they don't represent who you are and you don't feel good in them. If I pick up a skirt at a thrift store that makes me want to twirl then it clearly belongs in my closet. Okay, I'm done blabbing. My style in three words? Chic. Eclectic. Classic. If you can't afford it, don't buy it and if you don't love it, don't wear it. What's your fashion philosophy?



5 comments:

  1. Hey Gurlie! I don't think I've developed a fashion philosophy yet, but recently I've gained a wave a confidence in the arena of fashion and beauty. I've always associated fashion with being girly and I know it's more to it than that, but I'm only realizing now that being a girl is hard work! Especially if you're not use to painting your nails, putting on make-up everyday, and prepping a chic outfit for the next morning. All I've really wanted is the ability to "turn it up" when I need/want to and I think I'm realizing that I can do that now with a little extra effort, now doing that every day..lol I don't know. If you could do a blog post on daily style, something that us "tomboys" (or "newbs" to the fashion/beauty world) could handle doing everyday that would portray some type of style that isn't t-shirt and jeans that would be awesome!

    Sorry for blabbling :P
    - Your oldest friend ever lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if no one blabbed about fashion, there would be no fashion industry ;). Sure, I'd be happy to do a post on everyday style for the fashion novice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Carrie! So, I'm not a fashion person as you know. I'm more of "I like it give me that" kind of fashion person. Doesn't really matter what others think. Your outfit should flatter and be pretty to you. I guess that's my philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good philosophy Cierra. If it looks good and feels good on you that's all that matters.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete