About Me

My photo
College Student. Sometimes dancer. Aspiring fashion journalist and everyday style enthusiast. I started my blog back in 2010 on a whim, and now it has grown into the visual representation of the power that I believe fashion can have. It's not about having clothes it's about what you do with them, what you wear says who you are. Fashion is transformative, and a chic bag or outfit puts a smile on my face as much as a good book on a rainy day. My blog is about dressing the undergrad and young professional, because so little markets cater to our style. You've officially been accepted into The Undergrad Style File. For collaborations and other inquiries email me at tiffanycurtis8@gmail.com My style in three words... chic.eclectic.classic

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Thrift Excursions: Buffalo Exchange

Source: Buffaloexchange.com

 
So I recently ventured into the thriftosphere, I have been on the hunt for thrifted gems all over Philly. Last week I decided to step on the other side of the resale counter and become a seller. I got tired of the bags of dresses and clumps of jewelry that I had rarely worn taking up space in my already packed-to-the-gills, miserably tiny closet. So what did I do? I packed up two dresses, two skirts, one pair of shorts and five pairs of shoes, along with two necklaces, one bracelet and a ring into a huge beach bag. I brought a friend with me and off I went to go negotiate. Here's how it works: At Buffalo Exchange , when you're trying to make cash from the wares you no longer wear, you just walk right up to the "sell" counter. A trained buyer will then have you lay out all of your items and inspect each piece. They then tell you what they would resell each piece for and give you 30% of the total. You have the option of taking cash upfront or receiving a store credit. For my bag of goods I walked away with fifty bucks, though I was offered a ninety-dollar store credit. The moral of the story, you can't be a stylish undergrad until you understand the value of thrifting and tap into the secret of selling things you no longer wear. Buffalo Exchange offers you just that!

Stay stylish,
-Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment